POWER DELIVERY SYSTEMS
- Multiple substations providing power
- Generator and battery backup
- True A/B redundant
- Filtered power for smooth, clean delivery
Highlights of C7′s power delivery system include:
Providing power is a critical part of a data center’s responsibility. Computing platforms are becoming more power intensive as companies depend evermore on their IT infrastructure as part of their business processes. Developing a redundant, high density power delivery system becomes increasingly critical for data center growth and sustainability.
Typically, a data center will include several layers of redundancy to ensure uninterrupted power delivery. Providing backup generators, UPS and ATS systems are a popular measure for ensuring uninterrupted power supply. To further reduce the effect of a catastrophic event, some companies will choose to run a hot site in a disaster safe region to ensure a high level of availability for their IT infrastructure.
C7 Data Centers receives its power from a variety of sources, including coal burning power plants, nuclear, natural gas and wind energy. Using efficient technologies, C7 is exceptional at managing power consumption and can be considered a green data center.
Power Systems Overview
C7 Data Centers has taken significant measures to provide a world class power delivery system. Some of the design features and highlights of this system are listed below:
• True A/B power delivery system throughout the data center.
• Physical separation for the A & B UPS and ATS systems which enhance the survival of either should a problem occur with one or the other.
• Dual substation feeds to multiple entry points into the building, with redundancy to the first tier within the power grid.
• The power supplied within the data center has been scrubbed and cleaned to remove power spikes and provide a consistent, smooth flow to your hardware.
• Over engineered power delivery for increasingly dense computing platforms.
• One of the least expensive cost per KW of any area in the country.
• Location in a disaster safe geography to reduce the risk of a catastrophe.
• Strict schedule of preventative maintenance and operational checks for diesel generators, Automatic Transfer Switches, UPS systems, batteries, breaker panels, PDU’s and RPP’s, and Transformers.
• True grounding throughout the data center delivered to each cabinet.
• Power monitoring and usage history available through our online customer portal.